DIVINE HEALING I
TEXT: ISAIAH 53:1-12
MEMORY VERSE: PS. 107:20
AIM: There are many views on healing held by different bodies of believers. This Week we will carefully examine these views and explain them from the standpoint of the gospel.
1. What are the different views on healing?
2. Explain these views with portions from the scripture.
3. Explain James 5:14
1. First, there are those who believe that healing is a part of the plan of Redemption: that Christ did bear our diseases along with our sins during His substitutionary sacrifice. Another school holds that God heals by a special act of grace. This group also holds that only those who have faith are healed. Another group still holds that disease comes as a judgement from the Lord for disciplinary purposes, and if that discipline has not wrought the desired effect, of course God could not give them faith for their healing. That makes God author of disease. One group also holds that Divine healing stopped with the disciples of Christ and that no one is endowed with such a healing power anymore.
2. Hebrews 9:26 puts it that Jesus was made manifest to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. This, not only means sin in the spirit and soul but sin in the flesh. Romans 8:2-3 uses sin in the sense of breaking harmony in the flesh. That is disease. They also hold Isaiah 53:3-5. He was despised and rejected of men, a man of sickness and acquainted with diseases. Read it all. Then the tenth verse: “Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; He hath made him sick. Verse 11 “He shall see the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied”. From these two scriptures we see that healing of the body comes before the dealing with the sin problem. Then we can confidently believe that the problem of sin and disease cannot be separated. For there was no disease until sin came, and sin is breaking of a law.
The views held by the second and third groups, to me are unthinkable. It is a sense knowledge effort to explain the reason why prayer is not answered and why the sick do not get their deliverance. Psalm 107:20; and take it along with John
1:1-3, 14. The fourteenth verse, “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth”.
John 4:31-34 and John 5:30 show Jesus healing the sick as the will of the Father is being accomplished. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8). There is no change in the will of the Father. If it was His will to heal the sick while Jesus was here, it is His will to heal today. Jesus didn't heal to prove His Deity. He healed the sick because He was love, as love drives the man and woman in fellowship with the Father, to carry out His will here on earth, to heal the sick today.
3. Is there any sick among you? The implication here is that there should be no sick among us. Why? If you are a child of God and are walking in the light of the Word, you know that by His stripes you were healed (1Peter 2:24).
CONCLUSION: God is real, Jesus is real, Satan is real. Heaven is real, Hell is real. Make your life perfect with God now before it is too late. Read your bible daily.
AIM: In parts I, II and III of the causes of Sicknesses and